Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Love and Patience!

Its been a while since i last wrote anything! Life has been just crazy! I have been nannying this 9 month old little guy named Clay! I normally watch him on Tuesdays and Thursdays but this past week, with his parents working during the Sundance Film Festival, I watched him ALL day everyday for 5 days straight last week! He is the cutest and one of the easiest babies i have ever taken care of, even while he is teething. He is a bit grumpy cause of that....but its all good! He has taught me a lot and really opened my eyes back up to what its like to be a mom. Holy Cow! Even though I have babysat before and even taken care of my siblings as we were all growing up....its been a while since I have babysat little ones, and i seem to have forgotten how much work and energy it takes!! HAHA!

From this past week with Clay, and also having time to myself while he napped, I have learned how interconnected LOVE and PATIENCE are! The Lord has taught me a very valuable lesson....in order for you to have more patience, you must first have more love. The more that we are able to love a person (even ourselves), the more patient and understanding we are with them. I used to think that sometimes it was other people's fault for getting on my nerves, or for me being impatient...it is NOT that way at all. Being patient is a Christ like attribute and is solely placed upon our shoulders to control within ourselves. This was hard thing for me to swallow this week....understanding that all the times that I have been impatient with others (or myself), it is my fault for that happening. I was very tenderly chastised by the Lord, realizing this. I then asked the Lord what I needed to do to change, to cultivate more patience with those around me and especially with myself (something I am not particularly good at). I received a very clear answer in my mind that LOVE is the answer!

There are many examples of how this works. First off, you can think about the patience a mother/father often  has with his/her children. The more they love their children and genuinely care for them, the more patient they are as those children make mistakes and do things that are upsetting. Take the example of a teacher with his/her students or a nurse with her patients. OR even take a babysitter with the child she babysits ;) I came to realize this week as I loved Clay more and more, even when he was crying and upset.....i could be incredibly patient with him....beyond the type of patience i have ever had before!

So how do we nurture that Love within ourselves? To help us be more patient with others, the Lord, and ourselves? That is a good question and something I am still figuring out. I know that this past week my love grew for Clay as I would see the good in him and the joy that he brings into this world. I would keep that in my head as he would start crying or get fussy. I guess I tried my hardest to see him as God see's him and that made a huge difference!

I guess that is what we must do. To be patient we must see ourselves and others as God see's us! :-)

Let us all take a step back today and start seeing people for who they really are....a beloved Son or Daughter of God! Evaluate situations the way our Heavenly Father or our Savior, Jesus Christ, would. Let us start NOW to allow the Saviors love in to transform us. Allowing us to be more patient!

Can you imagine what type of world we would all live in, if we all thought this way?

Have a wonderful day everyone and may today be filled with the Love and the Light of Christ! :-)

Here is the little guy that taught me so much this week:

Say HELLO :-)

Hi. My name is CLAY!

I am SOOOOO CUTE!!
             
I am Happy and get excited about EVERYTHING! 
                                                                                                       

I AM JUST A STUD!!! :-) 





No comments:

Post a Comment